Monday, October 19, 2009

The BIG 100

This Saturday, something amazing happened. Troy and I went to WW on Saturday like is normal for us every Saturday since April. We had missed the weekend before, which was our first missed meeting, and had gone traipsing all over the State Fair of Texas finding crazy food to eat that was both yummy and ridiculously high in points. We were a little nervous, coming off of a week where we hadn't weighed in, and having eaten pretty much what we wanted that past Saturday. I guess the traipsing part paid off though, because we both had amazing weight losses when we stepped on the scale and celebrated new milestones with our group.

I have now lost 44 pounds. Troy? Well, you know he has to have lost more than that (of course) and if you are really good at simple subtraction, or even addition, I bet you have figured out that he has lost 56. Put it all together and what do you get? The big 100. I honestly cannot believe it and despite the fact that it HAS been really difficult and challenging at times...I really can't believe how easy it has been and how fast we have gotten to this point. I just keep telling myself that I will blink again and next summer will be here and we will both be where we want to be.

When our leader announced our new success milestones to the group, the room broke into the most amazing applause and cheers. I am telling you- we are like weight watchers rock stars. :-) Then an older lady in the front says, "Oh my goodness, they have lost a WHOLE PERSON!" I wasn't sure whether to be amazed or embarrassed by that, so I chose to just go with proud and smile away.

Troy only has about 20 pounds left to lose and he is starting to focus more on strength training and muscle building at this point. I am down to 59 pounds left and while that is still a LOT of weight- it feels easier now than ever before. I have already made out my Thanksgiving Day menu, complete with point values for each dish, and figured out ways to lighten up everything and use my points where I really want to....that would be on the mac and cheese. I know it is going to be rough to make it through the holidays and keep on track, but I know with us supporting each other and keeping each other accountable....we will be just fine.

6 comments:

  1. i am SUPER proud of you and troy lee! you are an inspiration to me...congrats!!!

    btw, i miss you and yes, we need to get together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are so awesome! Congratulations!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to Go you two, very proud of both of you next time we get together I won't recognize you. Aunt Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so lucky to have eachother for support! Congrats to you both! Now if I could only get my husband on board!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! Aunt Anna~yep, that is kind of the hope. :-) Remember, I told you in front of Epcot that we were wearing our "fat suits"? Now, next time, we will have them off. haha. Melissa~you can do it! I did it by myself last time and it was harder but you CAN do it. You are a good cook and you have your kiddos to keep you active. Just remind me to send you recipes and check in on you and we can support each other! Ceci~SOON, I am going to kidnap you and we WILL hang out! I miss you TERRIBLY and we want to see you. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete