Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Welcome Back

I woke up at 2 AM this morning and was not able to get back to sleep. So where do I head? Facebook, of course. (Isn't that only rational??) I was finding cute flair and sending silly Twilight things to my friends when I came across a flair that said it all for me this week and that I should remember every week of my life:

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)

I didn't expect to find scripture on flair...but there it was and it spoke the truth. I have been feeling so weak and almost broken...but the last few weeks have helped me find peace and with that, find strength.

Today, I returned to work after a THREE WEEK absence. *sigh*

I was starting to feel like a retired person who was still getting my full paycheck. Now that was an awesome feeling. :-) I have been dreading going back to work since about....hmmmm....well, just about the day I left....but when I walked in today, I remembered why I do what I do. I actually do love it. And I love my peeps. One of my favorite "peeps", my secretary, full-on attacked me when I walked in the door and stole not one, not two, but three big hugs from me and had me laughing out loud within 60 seconds. I didn't even realize how much I had missed her until I saw her. One of my workers nearly knocked me over trying to get in the door and wouldn't let me out of her sight for an hour. She was so excited, I had to keep chuckling to myself, and her exuberance was contagious.

That was how my morning started....and then the afternoon rolled around and I took my best friend out to lunch for her birthday (it was yesterday). We got to spend a complete hour together, uninterrupted (those of you who know where I work or who WORK where I work can appreciate the significance of an hour of uninterrupted time- it is almost unheard of!), just the two of us. We were just catching up and chit-chatting like we hadn't missed a beat. This is what being best friends is all about. It was fabulous and even though I actually did know how much I missed her, it was only intensified when we got to spend that time together today. We haven't gone that long without seeing each other or talking to each other in FOREVER!

Long and short of it...I am back to the place that makes me crazy but with a new and improved attitude, a rested body, and a fresh spirit. Funny how your perspective on everything changes based on how you are feeling at the time. Even though the circumstances are the same!

I consider my welcome back today a huge compliment- people usually are hoping their boss stays GONE not running to greet them when they walk in the door. Whether or not I am worthy of this adoration is another post altogether; but for today, I soaked it up and took it in and felt truly and absolutely blessed to be back, blessed to have the amazing staff who work for me, and blessed to have the absolute greatest friendships in the world.

Now that I am back, I know the madness will soon begin again....but I am steadfast in my other knowledge...."I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."


Becca

P.S. My friend chose MEXICAN of all places to eat today and I stayed TOTALLY on program and didn't eat a single chip! Yeah me! :-))))))))

P.P.S. Tomorrow, I will blog about the lobster grilling experiment...stay tuned for some funny stuff. In my own humble opinion of course.

4 comments:

  1. you were on my mind several times today as i worried how awful your return might be...thank goodness all of that worrying was for nothing! yea for coming back to those that love you at the office...since troy was probably ready to throw you back!! hehe...love ya!
    ~AMR

    ReplyDelete
  2. and you were SO sweet to call to check on me even though I screened you since you were calling from THAT office, LOL. :-) Thanks for being so awesome and keeping me UNBORED during my seclusion. XOXOXOXOXOXO RD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. Says a lot about you that everyone was glad you were back!! Lots of kudos for avoiding temptation with those chips. You are a strong woman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, im VERY impressed about resisting the evil chips and salsa and im sooooooo glad you had a great first day back. you are amazing and i love you!

    ReplyDelete