Friday, May 22, 2009

A good deal




I LOVE good deals. I don't shop often (I know, I am weird like that) but when I do, I am practically obsessed with getting the best deal. I don't buy ANYTHING if it is not on sale. This applies to food, clothes, memberships, everything. I could practically open my own Bath and Body Works store out of my spare bedroom because of the good deals I have gotten there. I am the master of coupons, special offers, coupons combined with sales and specials, you name it. One time, I bought a $65 shirt for $3 at Petite Sophisticate (my used to be FAV store before they closed). I have gotten so many items for free or $2 or less, it is ridiculous. I love it. It is like a high for me. It is so addicting! We are like a trained army on Black Friday and the day after Christmas. We both have our marching orders and we divide and conquer then meet back in the middle where I scour the receipts to see how much we saved and squeal with glee over each increasingly good find. We are serious about our good deals! Well, I am anyway, I think Troy just plays along....but he has been known to venture out on his own and gloat about some of his better conquests in this department...so I think he MIGHT be on board, at least a little bit. I do know he doesn't think we need any more candles...so I hope they don't go on sale again any time soon.

My dear friend and I were in our once-a-month Leadership session at work yesterday when our trainer dismissed us for lunch. We have been known to connive her into letting us go straight through lunch, only take 30 minutes, or to go and pick stuff up and then eat as a group back in the class, all in order to get out of there early. My friend and I immediately started our typical wheeling and dealing but were quickly shut down by our facilitator. "I have lunch plans," she announced and quickly followed up with, "And they are not negotiable." UMPH! We pouted but to no avail. An hour and a half lunch then back for one hour? Ugh. Annoying! We always go to Chick-fil-A on these dates and couldn't figure out how we might draw that out any longer than possibly 30 minutes- tops. My suggestion- we can go shopping! She quickly agrees and we are off. This could definitely spell trouble...


Kirkland's is one of my absolute favorite stores. I literally think it is possible I have spent an entire year's salary in this place up to this point in my life. We go in and see they are having a huge sale (BONUS!) and that many things are marked off 50% or more. YES! We each find something relatively quickly and the drug starts coursing through our veins....ahhhhhh, the adrenaline is pumping. The store manager comes over and informs us that in the back room of the store (a top secret back room? I am in heaven!) there is an entire stockpile of stuff that is not only 50% off....it is another 25% off the lowest marked sale prices. I believe I have won the lotto at this point and am in absolute shopping Utopia. We both managed to load up with so much stuff we had to start a stash behind the counter. I was amazed that each of us got out of there for only $100. Even better! I triple love when I get a ton of items and then figure out the per-item-cost for my haul. When it is $5 to $10 a pop or less, I feel absolutely exhilarated and totally successful. With the fabulous stuff I got...I was even more thrilled. Two items alone that I purchased would have cost $100 regular price and I got 14 items. Victory!


We went back again today and brought along our 3rd musketeer (yeah, this is how it STOPS being so cost-effective in Troy's eyes). We loaded up again and this time got out of there for only $50 each (well, not the 3rd musketeer, but she had to catch up from yesterday! PLUS- she bought stuff NOT on sale! I nearly fell over!). I have done everything possible to convince Troy this was a good thing and that when he takes me back again tomorrow, by mathematical principle....it should be FREE! For some reason....I don't think HE is buying what I'm selling. :-)

xoxoxoxoxoxo,
Becca

4 comments:

  1. WHY WOULD YOU NOT TELL ME OF SUCH SALE ?????
    :((((( WHY !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the top print is pretty and would completely match my house...you don't have a red theme anywhere do you? oh wait..maybe your bedroom.


    btw - totally annoying that i get an error message EVERY time i try to post a comment and have to repeat the comment everytime. and you wonder why i don't like to leave comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3rd musketeer has money coming out of her ears...at times, dirty money even...so she had the luxury (this ONE time) of buying something not on sale...hold your gasps!!!! 2nd musketeer is still trying to teach 3rd musketeer the fine art of bargain shopping!!! i promise 3rd musketeer is taking notes...sometimes they are just lost at the moment of battle...
    ~AMR

    ReplyDelete
  4. wait a minute...this musketeer is pissed! #1 - why am i not considered a musketeer? and #2 - why was i not informed of this AMAZING sale?!?

    - pissed musketeer

    ReplyDelete